Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nola - Emeril's Place - New Orleans

So I decided to treat myself to one little extravagent New Orleans adventrue. Fine dining at an Emeril hot spot. I chose Nola. In the French Quarter. I was not disappointed. I went in the afternoon on a Saturday. Sat at the dining bar by the kitchen and wood-fired oven. Remember, I am out by myself...so I need the added entertainment and cover :)



















When I sat down, I met a couple who just met for a glass of wine and an appetizer. They raved about the crab cake. (which is my standard thing to have when out and about). So, I ordered it. I was not disappointed by either the presentation or yumminess:
So, my meal was awesome.It was fun to watch the lead chef order up and check final plates before they went out. The cook at the the wood-fired oven wasn't too talkative, but still nice. (She cooked my entree') It is a warm place to sit...the only negative for me.

So., chardonnay was excellent, wait staff friendly, attentive and food delish! My crabcake was to die for...and my entree was a fish I had never heard of..drum...which stands for yum when cooked in a  wood fired oven.

Cheers to Nola & Emeril!

No comments: