Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Meet Key West Artist & Writer, Sherry Sweet T





The thing I love most about Key West is the people. When I go out for a walk (with my camera) you just never know who you might meet and connect with. My daughter and I went out for Sunday brunch. On our way to Turtle Kraals we stopped at a little ‘art shack’ at 804 ½ Caroline St. (next to Pepe’s) and met the owner and artist, Sherry Sweet Tewell.

I had seen some of Sherry’s beautiful hand-painted linen towels at a different time and place in Key West. The bright tropical images on the textiles had caught my eye. I had also seen her cool book about the adventures of Cosmo, the houseboat cat, in several different places. I never put the two together, didn’t know they were one and the same artist!

Anyway, my daughter was shopping for something special to spend her lemonade stand money on…so Sherry gave us the full treatment and talked with us about her Cosmo story and her art. Fun stop! Beautiful art and beautiful artist!

Stop by and say ‘hi’ to Sherry at 804 1/2 Caroline St. when you’re in KW or visit her website at http://www.sherrysweettewell.com/ . If you are lucky, maybe Cosmo will be running the store...

Cheers!

Michele Marie















































No comments: